Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oktoberfest Ale-o-pinions: Delirium Nocturnum

In the spirit of Oktoberfest, I will be reviewing various ales of which I have grown to love, ("love" is primarily a Belgian wheat ale in my vocabulary).
Yes, I grew to love beer: I was not born loving the scent, smells and sweet froth of a full bodied and fermented yeast like most Americans. However, like most good girlfriends, I've not only come to love the stuff, but am actually writing about it!
Ok so here's the nitty gritty on Delirium Nocturnum:
It's made in the Huyghe Brewery in Belgium. It's a dark, Belgian ale with strong/complex flavors that are suitable, yet, for a beginner such as myself. It boasts a lovely 8.5% ABV and is said to be triple fermented, using 3 different yeast strains and 5 different malts. It's medium bodied with a hint of carbonation and illusions of spice, honey, and even prunes come dwindling in amongst other malty & semi-sweet essences. If that wasn't enough to woo you into trying it ,then perhaps the packaging will seal the deal. Delirium Nocturnum comes in a ceramic coated bottle trimmed with fancy blue foil, all atop a psychedelic label featuring a pink elephant who may or may not be doing a little dance. Have a few glasses first and then I'll debate that one with you!

Op uw gezondeihd! (and now learned how to "cheers" in Belgium, unless you're in the French speaking part of the country. In that case, it's " A Votre Sante" to you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment